Prepaway – Get Excellent Results in CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam
In the modern world, everything is rapidly being digitalized in order to improve efficiency, effectivity, and experience. From individuals and small companies to large organizations and government bodies, everyone relies on connections and their network for communication and sharing information. So, privacy and security of sensitive and confidential information today is more critical than ever. It means that skilled security professionals and technicians are greatly needed and highly paid.
- 1 SY0-501 exam details
- 2 Advantages of passing SY0-501
- 3 How to pass SY0-501 on the first try?
- 4 Top online resources to pass SY0-501
- 5 Conclusion
CompTIA is one of the most reputable IT certification vendors in the world. So, if you want to build a career in cybersecurity, then CompTIA Security+ credential is for you. SY0-501 is the certification exam that you are required to attempt and pass in order to achieve the Security+ certification. Having passed SY0-501, you will be able to better showcase your security skills and improve your chances of getting hired.
SY0-501 exam details
SY0-501 is a 90-minute exam consisting of a maximum of 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions. There are no prerequisites to be eligible for the exam, but it is recommended that you have a CompTIA Network+ certification and have 2 or more years of experience in IT administration with a security focus. The assessment will measure your skills and ability to:
- Install, configure, and deploy network components
- Manage identity and access services
- Configure and install wireless security settings
- Assess and troubleshoot issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts
- Implement public key infrastructure
- Detect various kinds of compromise
- Understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
Your performance will be ranked based on a scale of 100-900. You should acquire 750 marks or above to qualify for the Security+ certification.
Advantages of passing SY0-501
If you manage to pass SY0-501, you will automatically be accepted into the group of other talented and skilled professionals in the industry. Also, the Security+ certification will be advantageous in:
Increasing job opportunities in general
Every certification by CompTIA including the Security+ credential is designed in such a way that it reflects the most current trends in the industry. Therefore, the credential is in compliance with employers’ requirements and latest regulations. What’s more, the CompTIASecurity+ certification is vendor-neutral, which means that you can work with different technologies regardless of their origin. This opens up a vast majority of jobs you can qualify for after receiving the credential.
Working for government and military organizations
These organizations require the employees working in their security department to act under strict standards and regulations. Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet the requirements of directive 8140/8570.01-M. Hence, you should have no problems when applying for job positions in these organizations.
Getting hired at top companies worldwide
Tech giants like Northrop Grumman, Nationwide, Agile, The Brotherhood Mutual, etc. trust CompTIA Security+ certified professionals as they possess relevant and updated skills. Jobs in these companies frequently require CompTIA certifications.
Access to jobs with higher salaries
According to a study conducted by Global Knowledge, Security+ is ranked 13 among the top-paying IT certifications in the world. Security+ certified professionals receive an average of $110,321 per year.
How to pass SY0-501 on the first try?
Now that you’ve seen what benefits you can look forward to upon certification, you must be keen on making it through SY0-501 exam. Achieving the desired scores at the first attempt is critical as it can save your money and, more importantly, time. Below are some tips and tools that will enable you to enhance your performance.
- Purchase the e-book or hardcopy of the official study guide for SY0-501 exam. CompTIA consistently updates its program and makes changes to the test structure, hence it is important that you are familiar with the content of the guide.
- Get exam questions that can be used with simulation software. Platforms like PrepAway.biz, ExamSnap, and Exam-Labs offer files that contain real exam questions which can be attempted in an environment identical to the actual exam. You can also create your own files with the exam questions you’ve already collected and use them to increase the productivity of your practice sessions.
- If you are more of an experience-oriented learner, then building your own lab can help you retain fundamental concepts in memory. If you are looking to be part of a cybersecurity workforce, your practical experience in troubleshooting, identifying, and eliminating vulnerabilities can become a major asset. There are a handful of platforms that offer practice labs (for more information, see the section below).
- Join study groups, forums, and/or Facebook communities created specifically for SY0-501. You are probably going to come across several problems and doubts during your preparation phase – so, you can use these groups to find the answers to your questions. Test takers also share their personal experiences here, and you can get a peek into effective strategies, work ethics, and useful learning material.
Top online resources to pass SY0-501
- Professor Messer’s YouTube tutorials – Messer’s videos are really popular among CompTIA Security+ candidates. He also hosts a website that has an active study group.
- National Cybersecurity Student Association – the best among the few available platforms that allow you to build your own lab and practice on security concepts.
- PrepAway – tested and verified exam dumps. With the Vumingo exam simulator available here, you can play, create, and edit files with practice exams to have a better experience.
- Reddit CompTIA subreddit – test takers often share their experiences here. They discuss the reasons why they failed, why they succeeded, and what resources they found helpful. You’ll find a lot of tips and strategies here.
- Get certified Get ahead blog by D. Gibson – this blog contains an excellent collection of video lessons and test-taking strategies as well as analysis of CompTIA Security+ questions.
The Security+ certification is your pass to the big leagues of the IT industry. Rest assured that with this credential, you can count on an attractive salary and vast job opportunities. Utilize the best resources and tools to enhance your performance and take SY0-501 test with confidence. With a good score on your SY0-501 exam, you too can join the team of top security professionals and enjoy the benefits of a lucrative career.