Last updated on September 9th, 2022 at 04:19 pm
He wrings out the essence of life, or more appropriately of ‘living’ one by putting together the vividly asunder thoughts and inexplicable life experiences in simplest yet profound words. That’s PAULO COELHO DE SOUZA for you.
Coelho flips over every page of life and enables one into a deeper understanding of love, compassion, fate, risks, innocence, suffering, dreams and moreover, of experiences that breed out life lessons. No doubt, his views of life amalgamates positivity, freedom and determination and creates an impactful and lingering effect on the readers.
Listed below are a few inspirational quotes by the Brazilian author which is sure to loosen all your frowns and put a smile on your face.
- “There is just one thing that makes your dream impossible: the fear of failure.”
=> Dare to dream. Leave aside all your inhibitions and fear and work towards making your dream a reality. The fear of failure will always hold you back. So, no matter how many times you fail, dare to dream…. Again … And again..
- “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.”
=> Believe in yourself and take risks. Experience is indeed the best teacher. The life lessons you learn in the process will stay with you forever.
- “Be crazy! But learn to be crazy without being the centre of attention. Be brave enough to live different.”
=> ‘Stay mad, but behave like normal people. Run the risk of being different, and learn to do so without attracting attention.’
- “If you love someone, you must be prepared to set them free.”
=> Love cannot be confined. Nor the person you love. Be prepared to accept rejection. If it is meant to be yours, it will surely come around. Be not afraid to stand alone for indeed, ‘the winner stands alone’.
- “A fall from the third floor hurts as much as a fall from the hundredth. If I have to fall, may it be from a high place.”
=> Always take risks and prefer those that are tougher to choose. Higher risks means greater experiences and greater lessons learnt.
- “All women have a perception much more developed than men. So all women somehow, being repressed for so many millennia, they ended up by developing this sixth sense and contemplation and love. And this is something that we have a hard time to accept as part of our society.”
=> A dig at patriarchy it is. Coelho points out women have a much more developed perception, contemplation and love than men. But since the superiority of men has been stereotypically established since ages, it is indeed tough on the part of society to accept it.
- “You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged into it.”
=> We fail only when we accept failure. Problems are part and parcel of life. They are sure to come but one should constantly struggle against it to find a way out.
- “You’re always learning. The problem is, sometimes you stop and think you understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach the point you can stop making an effort.”
=> Yes, learning is a never ending process. Though sometimes we might feel we have enough understanding of the world but in reality we never attain that position. The world is constantly moving and so should our yearning to understand more.
- “You are what you believe yourself to be.”
=> It does not matter what people think of you or say about you. In the end, you are what you believe yourself to be and nobody can change that except yourself.
- “What’s the world’s greatest lie? …It’s this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate.”
=> The world’s greatest lie is that our lives are controlled by our fates. But what controls our lives is our will power. Our determination shapes up our lives. Giving up is never an option. Be determined. Live your life the way you want to.
- “Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.”
=> No one in this world actually cares to hear you out and understand you. They know what they what to hear, and nothing can change that, not even explaining. Thus explaining would only mean wastage of time.
- “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.”
=> The lines from ‘By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept’ sums up the suffering of lovers. Waiting or forgetting, both are painful. But not knowing which to do is even more painful.
- “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.”
=> The lines from ‘The Zahir’ points towards not being disheartened when a loved one leaves. Rather be positive because soon someone else is about to arrive.
- “A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”
=> Adults often forget how to be happy. Coelho comes to the rescue and says we have few things to learn even from an innocent child. Stay positive. Keep a smile on your face. And strive with all your heart and might to achieve what you really want.
- “Forgive but do not forget, or you will be hurt again. Forgiving changes the perspectives. Forgetting loses the lesson.”
=> We have a life lesson here. Be kind and forgive but do not forget. Remembering the lesson will prevent us from being hurt again.
- “No matter how you feel today, get up, dress up and show up.”
=> Yes, get over with all that has happened. Don’t fret over the past. It will only ruin the day you have. So make the best of the day you have at your disposal. With all your might make it more pleasant.
Some online learning platforms provide certifications, while others are designed to simply grow your skills in your personal and professional life. Including Masterclass and Coursera, here are our recommendations for the best online learning platforms you can sign up for today.